Today we are releasing several revisions and updates to Northeast Ocean Data’s interactive maps and web pages:
- The Aquaculture map now shows aquaculture sites, shellfish management areas, Atlantic Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Environmental Degradation Closures, and Food Safety Program Temporary Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) Closures.
- The map previously named Energy is now called the Energy & Infrastructure map. It shows coastal energy facilities, electrical transmission lines and substations, submarine cables, and LNG sites, as well as planning areas for renewable energy.
- On the Maritime Commerce map, data have been reorganized and cartography has been revised.
- On the home page, we revised the design and added a photo tile for upcoming map of restoration projects.
- The maps overview page has updated information and a revised design.
- On the Upcoming Products page, we posted new information on the commercial fishing, restoration, and recreation maps that are currently in development, and we revised the page design.