The Northeast Regional Planning Body (RPB) will convene this week in New Hampshire for a meeting that includes a stakeholder workshop.
The workshop on Wednesday, November 15, will
- engage stakeholders in review of and discussions about updated human use, marine life, and habitat data and maps, including revised draft maps for Components of Ecological Importance,
- obtain stakeholders’ feedback on the new and updated information, applications of ocean planning data, and how the Northeast Ocean Data Portal could incorporate new features to continue to be an effective tool, and
- receive stakeholders’ feedback on regional ocean planning progress to date and on potential next steps to inform decisions at the next day’s RPB meeting.
On Thursday, November 16, the RPB will meet to
- review and obtain feedback on progress with implementation of the Northeast Ocean Plan nearly one year after the Plan was certified,
- decide on next steps with key Northeast Ocean Data Portal updates and Regional Planning Body subcommittee and work group activities, and
- learn about and explore tribal priorities.